Friday 25 December 2009

Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year!

It's well over a month since I last posted here, but at last Christmas has arrived and I've actually got a couple of days off! I'm very much looking forward to New Years Eve, when Julian and I are going to do a four hour review of the year. Then I'm off to bring in the New Year with friends in Ripon - the first time I haven't spent it with my dad in more than ten years. One tradition we do intend to keep up though is breakfast at Stumps Cross Caverns on New Years Day. We've still a couple of Christmas quizzes to do, then I've a special one for a wedding just after the new year. The Tempest quiz will be excellent, weather permitting, as teams put in a lot of effort with fancy dress outfits. I'm looking forward to one team in particular, as they're keeping it very close to their chests!
A couple of weeks ago I got a new camera, and trailed off up the Waterfall Walks at Ingleton. I tried out a new technique (to me that is) and took the camera out of automatic mode for the first time ever! I wanted to get the effect of water flowing, using a very slow shutter speed.

This picture is the very first one I took of a waterfall - and I have to admit I'm very well pleased with the result. I'll probably never be able to repeat it, but at least I can say "I did this!" It's at Pecca Falls, around half way to the top of the walk.
I had been planning to go out this morning again (Christmas Day) but the fog's descended now, so I guess I'll have to wait until the conditions improve.

2 comments:

  1. i think that picture is fantastic!!! keep up the good work with the camara
    crazy dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that - and thanks for a brilliant day out today! James and Judith

    ReplyDelete